[Ibpsausa] Big Ladder Software NYC Workshops @ BE-Ex June 10-13

Will DiMaggio wd at be-exchange.org
Tue May 14 07:35:06 PDT 2019

Hi All,

Building Energy Exchange, an energy efficiency resource center located in
Lower Manhattan, is hosting four days of workshops by Big Ladder Software
on EnergyPlus, ranging from fundamentals to advanced techniques, OpenStudio
and beyond. See event descriptions below and register here
<https://be-exchange.org/big-ladder-software-energyplus-openstudio-workshops/>
.

June 10 - 11, 2019: *EnergyPlus for Practitioners*

This two-day workshop focuses on the needs of the energy modeling
practitioner in order to get you up to speed and highly productive with
*EnergyPlus* as quickly as possible. We cover the fundamentals of
*EnergyPlus* such as geometry and internal loads while rapidly ramping up
to advanced topics such as HVAC systems and controls. We guide you through
the complexities of the *EnergyPlus* syntax, input/output files,
documentation, and essential software tools including the *OpenStudio* (legacy)
plugin for *SketchUp*. Most importantly, we teach you how to use the
available resources to teach yourself going forward. Demonstrations and
hands-on exercises are used extensively throughout. By the end of the
workshop, you should be comfortable with creating, running, and debugging
*EnergyPlus* models.

 June 12, 2019: *OpenStudio Launch Pad*

This one-day workshop aims to quickly launch you into the world of the
*OpenStudio* graphical user interface for *EnergyPlus*. We cover the major
features and capabilities of the interface including creating and editing
geometry using the full *OpenStudio* plugin for *SketchUp*, managing space
types and internal loads, and configuring HVAC systems and controls. (
*OpenStudio* measure writing is not covered.) Demonstrations and hands-on
exercises are used extensively throughout. Previous experience with
*EnergyPlus* is recommended but not required.

 June 13, 2019: *Advanced OpenStudio*

This one-day workshop covers advanced modeling topics related to the
*OpenStudio* interface. We cover how to add custom library data (HVAC,
building types, etc.), model “bulk” air flow (infiltration, ventilation,
inter-zone mixing, transfer air), configure layout and controls for
advanced plant
systems, use best practices for debugging energy models, and include
thermal bridging effects in energy models. *OpenStudio* measure writing is

--
*Will DiMaggio*
*Programs Associate *

Building Energy Exchange
31 Chambers Street, Suite 611
New York, NY 10007
www.be-exchange.org

We’re shedding our energy use and soaking up some sun!
Join us for #daylighthour June 21st, 12-1pm. www.daylighthour.org