[Ibpsausa] Exciting opportunity at BuroHappold - hiring energy modelers

Emir A. Pekdemir aykutpekdemir at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:21:44 PDT 2018

 https://careers.burohappold.com/vacancy/energy-modeler-351903.html

BuroHappold Engineering New York is looking for an Energy Modeler/Analyst
to join our expanding team. You would be part of an integrated building
environments group, working closely with MEP and Sustainability engineers
and designers. We work across scales including buildings, campus and
cities. Our sectors include a higher education and cultural focus along
with high performance projects.  Our current portfolio includes thirteen
net zero energy projects, one Living Building Challenge certified project,
and twenty-four LEED Platinum certified projects.

Key objectives:

The Energy Modeler will work across a range of projects, working as an
integrated part of multiple project teams. They will work under the
guidance of the project leader to meet the analytical needs of the project
(loads models, LEED energy model and high performance analysis) and will be
mentored by our Senior energy modelers.

Required Skills:

   - Strong proficiency in visual scripting interfaces such as Grasshopper
   and Dynamo, and environmental Rhino plugins such as Honeybee, Ladybug, etc.
   - Experience in the analysis of passive design strategies to inform
   early phase decisions.
   - Experience in the analysis of energy conservation measures.

Desired Skills:

   - Completion of LEED energy model submittals.
   - Experience with IES Virtual Environment and the PRM process for LEED.
   - Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 compliance.
   - Knowledge of commonly modeled mechanical systems.
   - Knowledge of energy audits and energy benchmarking of buildings.
   - Knowledge of sustainability rating systems used in the market place.
   - Ability to understand client goals and communicate analysis results
   with architects.
   - Experience in presenting analytical information in a clear and concise
   manner.
   - An ability to apply analytical skills across a range of scale
   (Buildings, Campus, Cities).
   - An ability to use a variety of tools beyond common software to analyze
   complex problems.
   - Experience of daylight modeling or CFD analysis.

Qualifications:

   - Preferred 2-3 years of experience in a professional, fast-paced
   environment within the AEC Industry
   - MS degree in architectural or engineering preferred
   - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
   - Excellent problem-solving, research and analytical skills
   - High attention to detail

Emir A. Pekdemir, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP
Senior Energy Analyst
BuroHappold Engineering | Analytics