[Ibpsausa] Register Today! IBPSA-USA Winter Meeting 2017 in Las Vegas

Steven Ayala via Ibpsausa ibpsausa at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jan 11 13:27:28 PST 2017

Saturday, Jan. 28th in Las Vegas.
View this email in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=d6f16107bb&e=[UNIQID]>
<http://ibpsa.us/>
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-winter-meeting-in-las-vegas-ibpsa-usa-tickets-30127879298>
Register Today!
The date is fast approaching for our 2017 Winter Meeting. Plan to join us
on January 28th at PT's Sierra Gold
<https://www.pteglv.com/eat/sierra-gold/> in Las Vegas. Early-bird
registration ends January 1, 2017.

Theme for the night: Uncertainty in Simulation. See our draft agenda below
<http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=d6f16107bb&e=[UNIQID]#Agenda>
.

We hope to see you there...
Saturday, January 28, 2017; 5:00pm-9:30pm PST

*PT's Sierra Gold* <https://www.pteglv.com/eat/sierra-gold/>
6515 S Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sierra+Gold/@36.070332,-115.224947,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5c5f0336b1b598e9!8m2!3d36.070332!4d-115.224947>
REGISTER NOW
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-winter-meeting-in-las-vegas-ibpsa-usa-tickets-30127879298>
*Agenda:*

*Theme: Uncertainty in Simulation*

*Draft Schedule:*

*Pre-Meeting Planning Workshop - "Uncertain Times" (4:00-5:00)*
(Ride sharing will be coordinated the week prior)

*All members encouraged to participate in this important planning session*.

*Topics for Discussion:*

   - *Funding opportunities* - looking toward sustainability
   - *Activities* - Conferences, Education, Research, Other
   - *Strategy for uncertain times* (Lessons from past Administration
   changes)

*Transport to/from Sierra Gold*

   - Pickup times to Sierra Gold from Caesar's Palace:  4:30pm; 5pm; 5:30pm
   - Return to Caesar's Palace: 8:30pm; 9pm; 9:30pm
   - Uber - $11- 15 , Cab - $31

*IBPSA Happy Hour, with Business Meeting, & Committees/Projects Updates
(5-5:30)*

*Organizational Items - 5:00 - 5:10*

   - Board Elections
      - Note:  You can still vote up to 6pm.
      - Must pay 2017 dues first.
      - Recommending a thorough review of BOD objectives and election
      procedures
         - Objective - strengthen IBPSA
         - By - subcommittee of new BOD
      - Financial report
      - Show projection & discuss
         - Major alternate scenarios
         - Line of Credit
         - Building Simulation 2017
      - BS17 - major coming activity for 2017
      - Financial
      - Risk
   - Membership & Organizational update
      - Conferences - major activity & income source for a long time
         - MOU with ASHRAE - under development
         - Recommending a thorough review of how IBPSA does conferences
            - Objective - set path for future
            - By - subcommittee of new BOD
         - Committees - new focus for IBPSA-USA (Not just BOD)
      - Committees reporting
         - Education
         - Research
         - Equity
      - Other Active & New Committees
      - Editorial
      - Collaboration
      - Advisory Committee to the Board

*Updates - Selected Committees & Projects*

   - Projects update
      - Unmethours, BEST, Member map, Job board, website
   - Education committee
      - OJS
   - Research committee report
      - What do they do?
   - Equality committee
      - Survey report

*Happy hour (~5:30-6:30)*

*Visit Committee & Project Tables*

   -

   List of tables: Education, Unmethours, Research, , IBPSA-USA business
   stuff (board election, financial report), Building Simulation 2017 info &
   registration, editorial committee, equalities committee

*Dinner buffet start (6:30)*

*Dinner presentation/discussion (~7:00-8:30)*

   - Announcements
      - Election results
      - Building Simulation 2017
      - Virtual building triathlon winner presentations - student and
      practitioner (6 finalists total).
   - Presentations
      - Godfried Augenbroe, Georgia Institute of Technology
         - *The role of uncertainty in building performance analysis*

Professor Augenbroe will briefly discuss the state of the art in
uncertainty analysis of building energy models. He will argue that while
there is an abundance of methods, there is a lack of convincing application
cases. He will support this argument by showing that while uncertainty
analysis has gone mainstream and does not need special skills, the
significance of its outcomes is minimal unless shown to change real life
decision scenarios. The argument is supported by discussing real
applications.

   -
      - Marlin Addison, Arizona State University
         - *Using uncertainty analysis with simulations to design a utility
         DSM program*
      - Joe Huang, Whitebox Technologies
         - *How uncertain is the weather data that we use?*
      - Discussion

Our Sponsors We thank our sponsors for their continued support! Become an
IBPSA-USA Sponsor <http://www.ibpsa.us/become-sponsor>.

<http://www.autodesk.com/>     <http://www.pge.com/>

<http://www.noresco.com/energy-services/en/us/> <http://www.iesve.com/>
<http://www.edsl.net/main/>
We are still actively seeking event sponsors. Contact Mike Wilson (
mike at ibpsa.us) or David Eldridge (DSE at grummanbutkus.com) for more
information.
*Copyright © 2017 IBPSA-USA, All rights reserved.*

unsubscribe from this list
<http://ibpsa.us3.list-manage2.com/unsubscribe?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0af59bbb65&e=[UNIQID]&c=d6f16107bb>
    update subscription preferences
<http://ibpsa.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&id=0af59bbb65&e=[UNIQID]>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=545ecdecc811a6e412a8810dd&afl=1>