[Ibpsausa] A webinar on occupant behavior modeling tools

Tianzhen Hong thong at lbl.gov
Fri Feb 19 19:15:16 PST 2016

Dear energy modelers,

Under Department of Energy's U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center on
Building Energy Efficiency program our LBNL team has been working with a
team at Tsinghua University, China on occupant behavior research. We will
present three occupant behavior modeling tools at the webinar: (1)
Occupancy Simulator, a web App that simulates occupant presence and
movement in buildings, and generates more stochastic and dynamic occupant
schedules for energy simulation; (2) obXML, an XML schema for standardized
representation of occupant behavior in buildings; and (3) obFMU, a
functional mockup unit of occupant behavior models for co-simulation with
building simulation programs like EnergyPlus. These tools improve modeling
and simulation of occupant behavior and their impact on building
performance.

*Date and time:*
March 15, 10:30am - 12:00pm Pacific Standard Time.

*Registration (free but required):*
http://goo.gl/forms/De6F63nKxk

*Background information:*
behavior.lbl.gov
OccupancySimulator.lbl.gov
cercbee.lbl.gov

Sincerely,
Tianzhen Hong, PhD
Staff Scientist
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division