[Ibpsausa] Zero Energy Buildings course starting 2/24 in San Francisco

David Scheer david.scheer at autodesk.com
Tue Feb 4 15:28:51 PST 2014

Adam Menter and David Scheer, AIA are teaching the course on "Zero Energy Buildings<http://extension.berkeley.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=39966>" at UC Berkeley Extension again in San Francisco.

The course is every Monday night between February 24 to April 14 (8 weeks), from 6:30 - 9:30pm from . The course costs $550 and registration is now open. More info below...

  *   Completing the course earns you 24 USGBC/GBCI credit hours (and 1 credit at UCB Extension)
  *   The course will cover building science fundamentals and some of Autodesk's building performance analysis software (we will use the Autodesk Building Performance Analysis Certificate<http://sustainabilityworkshop.autodesk.com/bpac> as one component of the course).
  *   The course will have an individual capstone project (design + analysis), and a series of weekly assignments that feed into that project. Students will have a choice on what project they do, and we will provide options if needed.
  *   There is no prerequisite of having an architecture, engineering, or design background, but it's very helpful and we'll be getting into some technical stuff (so math/physics experience is helpful).
  *   There is no prerequisite of experience with CAD/BIM software (despite what the website currently says), but - again - previous experience is helpful, and computer literacy is important.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Sign up and learn more at this link<http://extension.berkeley.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=39966>

Thanks!
David