[Ibpsausa] Naturally Ventilated Garment Factory for 90.1 appendix G

Peter Simmonds peter.simmonds at ibece.net
Thu May 10 16:09:38 PDT 2012

This is a logical approach, but I do not think the LEED Gestapo will fall for it. Also there is no real interpretation for complying with standard 55 in standard 90.1 other than addendum r which refers to conditioned spaces.
I would suspect that it will be argued that if you are not using the conditioning system for certain periods of the year then the base case should be similarly adjusted.
Nice try though and I would encourage both 90.1 and 55 to get together and work something out regarding the true application of natural ventilation.

Peter Simmonds, Ph.D., ASHRAE Fellow and DL
Head of the Advanced Technology Group,
IBE Consulting Engineers,
14130 Riverside drive, suite 201
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423