[Ibpsausa] [Survey] Towards Architects Friendly Simulation Tools]

Shady Attia Shady.Attia at uclouvain.be
Wed Jan 7 07:29:21 PST 2009

Dear IBPSA USA ,

I am a PhD student and I am conducting a research about Architects
Friendly Building Energy Simulation Tools (BESTs), so that we can improve
the future development of simulation tools.

This survey is dedicated to gather information from beginner simulation
tools users such as architects, designers and fresh graduate students who
want to become sustainable architects or designers in the USA.

First of all, I am asking you please to take the survey and if possible
spread this survey-invitations to IBPSA USA members or any other
simulation tools users who are concerned with sustainable architecture.

The survey has 22 questions and the duration is 9 minutes(average). The
compared tools are:

ECOTECT, HEED, Energy 10, Design Builder, eQUEST, DOE-2, Green Design
Studio, IES VE, Energy Plus and Energy Plus-Sketchup Plugin.

You can access the survey via:

http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=1ae0b334-2eca-4c3a-bf68-9db60b81bd45

and if if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Shady Attia |PhD Student| Department of Architecture |Texas A&M University
| College Station, Texas 77843-3137

PS: you can access the survey via:
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=1ae0b334-2eca-4c3a-bf68-9db60b81bd45