[Hap-users] ASHRAE 90.1 - Baseline HVAC System

Khaled Fouda kfouda at nrg-concepts.com
Mon Oct 30 09:37:20 PDT 2023

Hello Community,

I have a residential building, designed to use VRF for all units and common spaces with DOAS (with NG furnace) for ventilation.

While the Heating & Cooling of the units are all VRF (Electric) and only the Ventilation portion that would use fossil fuel for preheating, how should I select/model my Baseline HVAC system?

- System 1 PTAC (Since Proposed HVAC is Elec+Fossil Fuel)
- System 2 PTHP + DOAS w NG like the proposed HVAC system.
- System 2 PTHP Only (Assuming the Electric HVAC system is the predominant type)

This isn't for LEED submission; it is a different relatively new program in DC where 90.1 2007 guidelines are required.

Regards,
Khaled Fouda, LEED AP, CEM
Integrated Energy Concepts Engineering, P.C.

Phone:    585-272-4650 ext 29
eFax:      718-228-5154
kfouda at nrg-concepts.com<mailto:kfouda at nrg-concepts.com>