[Hap-users] Manipulating HAP

Matthew J. Baron via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Sep 8 12:00:59 PDT 2016

Well the equation is Q=1.085*CFM*ΔT so it is dependent more on your return/mixed air temperature (which is based on your design temps obviously) you can solve for one ton of load based on your conditions. But you have to start with an assumed mixed air temp and work your psych chart to determine if you are also meeting the latent load. To answer your other question we simply do not input any ventilation information, so zeroed out. And if you look at the room reports there is no ventilation load listed under the rooms itself that's why we ended up using those reports they are strictly that, room loads.

Thank You,
Matthew J. Baron, PE

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D209E1.CE564EA0]

Wendel, Centerpointe Corporate Park, 375 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville, NY 14221
p. 716.688.0766   tf. 877.293.6335   e. mbaron at wendelcompanies.com<mailto:mbaron at wendelcompanies.com>   w. wendelcompanies.com<http://www.wendelcompanies.com/>

architecture  |  engineering  |  planning  |  energy efficiency  |  construction management

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above.  Any distribution, copying or disclosure of this email is strictly prohibited.