[Hap-users] Modeling Dome Roof in HAP

Daniel Lim via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Aug 12 00:56:56 PDT 2016

Our project is considering a dome roof for a multi-purpose space as part of a mall development. I tried drawing the dome in sketchup/openstudio and exported as gbXML which I imported in HAP. Since HAP only imports up to a maximum of 4 roof surfaces via gbXML, adjustments in the imported roof surface areas need to be made as suggested in the built-in Help. I am not sure this will be accurate considering the orientations and slopes of the surfaces that will be combined so that there are only 4 roof surfaces for the space. Any suggested workflow or work around will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Daniel