[Hap-users] gbxml import

Matthew J. Baron mbaron at wendelcompanies.com
Wed Sep 30 07:59:54 PDT 2015

HI,
I have been attempting to import gbxml information that was exported from REVIT. I continually get an error that the “transfer function coefficients could not be generated for this assembly of material layers… thermal capacitanceis too small or too large” (screen shot below). I have verified the gbxml file against the schema version 0.37 that is exported from REVIT using xmlnotepad 2007,  and even went as far as to add limits to the schema (attached) to verify the values are within the acceptable input range of HAP. I verified the input max/min values with Carrier support (below). I am exporting the wall/roof/floor/window information that the architect has input for the thermal resistance for each type in REVIT in lieu of overwriting them to a single wall type for the entire project. Has anyone successfully imported gbxml data from REVIT that may be able to direct me to any resources that may be of assistance. Thanks in advance.

Minimum layers                                    3 (including inside and outside surfaces.)
Minimum layer thickness                      0.00”
Minimum Density                                 0.0 lb/ft³
Minimum Specific Heat Value               0.0 BTU/lb/⁰F
Minimum R Value                                 0.00006

Total layers                                          10 (including inside and outside surfaces.)
Maximum layer thickness                      36”
Maximum Density                                 600lb/ft³
Maximum Specific Heat Value               2.0 BTU/lb/⁰F
Maximum R Value                                 99.99999

[cid:image002.png at 01D0FB6D.F5D0C010]

Thank you,
Matthew J. Baron, PE

[cid:image004.png at 01D0FB6F.22AC8E60]

Wendel, Centerpointe Corporate Park, 375 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville, NY 14221 [cid:image003.jpg at 01D0FB6A.7080D1A0]
p. 716.688.0766   tf. 877.293.6335   e. mbaron at wendelcompanies.com   w. wendelcompanies. com

architecture  |  engineering  |  planning  |  energy efficiency  |  construction management

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above. Its contents may also be protected by privilege, and all rights to privilege are expressly claimed and not waived.  Any unlicensed distribution, copying or disclosure of this email is strictly prohibited.