[Equest-users] Air side economizer for DOAS system in eQuest 2.3

Bill Bishop William.J.Bishop at imegcorp.com
Thu May 30 10:52:46 PDT 2024

Hi Pramod,

The DOAS system type in eQUEST always runs with 100% OA, which is why economizer is not a useful input. The outside air inputs for the system and zones supplied by the DOAS dictate the hourly volume of OA supplied by the DOAS. (You can determine the hourly OA cfm in the simulation by creating a custom hourly report for the DOAS with the variables “Total system supply air flow rate (cfm)” and “Ratio of outside air to total supply air”. ) Assuming your DOAS has heat recovery, you can set your ERV-TEMP-CTRL to Mixed Air Reset which gives you efficient ERV control for providing the SAT specified by the DOAS cooling and heating control inputs.

Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP
Sustainability & Energy Engineer of Distinction
[Pathfinder | now IMEG]<https://pathfinder-ea.com/>
Pathfinder | now IMEG
134 South Fitzhugh Street | Rochester, NY 14608
(585) 698-1956 | phone
(315) 879-1122 | mobile
William.J.Bishop at imegcorp.com<mailto:William.J.Bishop at imegcorp.com>  (Please note my new email address)
website<https://pathfinder-ea.com/> | vCard<https://dynasend.com/signatures/vcard/William.J.Bishop-at-imegcorp.com.vcf> | map<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pathfinder+Engineers+%26+Architects+LLP/@43.1504815,-77.6145058,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x89d6b4fe9e48aab1:0x6991ae3d559d5aee!8m2!3d43.1504776!4d-77.6119309!16s%2Fg%2F1tcw955j?hl=en&entry=ttu>
[Twitter]<http://twitter.com/IMEGcorp>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/IMEGcorp/>[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/imeg-corp>
Learn more<https://www.imegcorp.com/news_events/new-york-based-pathfinder-engineers-joins-imeg/> about our transition to IMEG.
This email may contain confidential and/or private information. If you received this email in error please delete and notify sender.