[Equest-users] Installation problem

Walker, Keith Carl. Keith.Walker at montgomerycountymd.gov
Thu Mar 7 06:50:59 PST 2024

Hello,
Happy 25th anniversary to the email list!

I'm just getting started with eQuest, and am getting the message "Enter your software registration code" when I try to start eQuest, even though I have followed the instructions here:
https://www.doe2.com/Download/equest/Installing_eQUEST_MSI_For_Non-Administrator_andWidnowsHome_Users.pdf

Another posting mentions selecting to install for "Just me", but I didn't get that option:  https://energy-models.com/blog/equest-software-registration-code

I am running Windows 11 Enterprise (a controlled government network). I had the eQuest install file in my Documents folder, which is also tied to SharePoint, so I wonder if that interferes with the install, and instead I should try having the install file in c:\.

Anyone have suggestions?
Thanks,
Keith

[https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcg/Resources/Images/Cybersecurity-footer.png]