[Equest-users] Cold climate no space heating energy consumption during summer months (April to September)

Anil Jangid anil.jangid at kamalcogentenergy.com
Wed Sep 13 08:41:36 PDT 2023

Dear Folk,

We are working on a hospitality project located in climate zone 3A (USA).
The mechanical system includes DOAS, VRF with furnace heating and Dx
cooling. I am working on eQuest software and using system types of
“Packaged single zone” and  “Packaged Variable Air Volume Temperature”
(VRF). On simulation there is no space heating energy consumption during
summer months (April to September), which is unexpected. I have checked for
the file, Cooling Set point (75F), heating set points 70F, Fan schedules as
per and Cooling  and Heating, etc. and all these appear to be correct.
Please advise what I am missing and what system type shall be appropriate
for these HVAC systems in the eQuest?

Thanks

Thanks in advance