[Equest-users] Can anyone help me with an expression?

Haberl, Jeff jhaberl at tamu.edu
Fri May 5 07:31:13 PDT 2023

Hello John:

You need to use a PARAMETER command. Take a look at the DOE-2.2 Volume 2: Dictionary where you can see how this is formatted. There should be examples there as well.

Jeff

PS: This is how we get IC3 to run on the web, PARAMETER and INCLUDE commands in DOE-2.1e. Old but very stable.

https://esl.tamu.edu/terp/code-compliance-calculator/ic3/

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.inactive, FASHRAE,FIBPSA               We are like fluttering leaves on the branches of trees

Department of Architecture                                                       in the forests of the landscape that surrounds us.

Texas A&M University                                                                  If we could, for just a moment, flutter together,

College Station, TX 77845-3581                                                 We could lift the earth up to be a better place.  JSH 2022

Office: 979-845-6507, Lab: 979-845-6065

Fax 979-862-2457

jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu<mailto:jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu>

I want to set up a Global Parameter to input a new COOLING EER. I need to write an expression rather like this: EIR = 1/(EER/3. 413) Can anyone assist me? John R Aulbach, PE ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd