[Equest-users] Where did the underheated and undercooled hours go in DOE2.3?

Chris Hadlock cjhadlock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 08:06:55 PDT 2023

I've suddenly realized I'm not getting *any* underheated (UH) or
undercooled (UC) hours listed in my SS-R report for any of my recent
projects, all of which were done using build 7175 in DOE 2.3.

Even when I purposefully simulate conditions where underheated/undercooled
hours are occurring, they aren't being reported. I've checked hourly
temperatures (Tstat setpoints versus zone temperature) so I know there are
UH and UC hours. This is occurring with different system types (I've
checked PSZ and fan coil) and different thermostat types (two-position and
proportional) and my throttling ranges are generally default values. I'm
stumped.

I never had this issue with DOE 2.2 (albeit I was always using 7173 in the
past). I work with a lot of 2-pipe fan coil systems where UH and UC hours
are in abundance.

Has anyone else noticed they are no longer getting underheated and
undercooled hours in DOE2.3?

Thanks,

---
*Chris Hadlock*, M.A.Sc., P.Eng, LEED AP BD+C
Founder & Senior Energy Consultant

HADLOCK CONSULTING
201 Candlewood Cr
Waterloo, ON N2L5T3