[Equest-users] Water Source Heat Pump Configuration in eQUEST Software

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Sun Apr 24 04:13:50 PDT 2022

The 2nd image woll not simulate because DOE-2 does not allow primary equipment on a secondary loop.  You should find that error in the .bdl file.

You do not require 2 circulation loops to model the configuration you have sketched.  On the single WLHP loop, the boiler pump will be a child of the boiler, the fluid cooler pump will be a child of the cooling tower and the building pumps will be a child of the condenser loop.

Hopefully this is clear.

Brian