[Equest-users] Accuracy of eQUEST

jra_sac jra_sac at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 14:31:38 PDT 2021

Good points, Fred. I still do not understand the fist of the question !@

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------From: Fred Betz <fbetz at aeieng.com> Date: 5/8/21  2:23 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: John Aulbach <jra_sac at yahoo.com>, equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org, Saroj Lamichhane <213saroj at gmail.com> Subject: RE: [Equest-users] Accuracy of eQUEST

Garbage in, garbage out.

If the model inputs accurately reflect what’s is really happening, then yes it’s fairly accurate. Which is true for a lot of modeling tools.

Things like weather, schedules (occupancy, lights, equipment, etc.) can frequently be very different than reality, which can lead to a pretty wide range of results.

If you only want to use default inputs and typical weather and compare that to a real building data, then be prepared to have a 50% difference or more from what’s measured.

Hope that helps.

Fred

Fred Betz,
PhD, LEED® AP