[Equest-users] Customized Chiller Performance Curve

Brian Fountain Brian.Fountain at sa-footprint.com
Fri Mar 12 05:38:10 PST 2021

Nitin,

I do not believe you have sufficient data points in your part load curve to define the chiller curves.  While you have selection points for chiller capacity and chiller EIR with varying condenser water temperature and with varying loads, in all cases the chilled water temperature is constant at 45F.  This means the coefficients on chilled water temperature are unconstrained.  I suspect that is leading to the odd results.  To properly define the chiller part load curve you additionally need chiller selections with the condenser water held constant as the chilled water and loads are both varied..

Chilled water temperature is not shown in your hourly report but I would expect that as chilled water moves away from your 45F design point the capacity and input power will move further from realistic expectations.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Footprint

Brian Fountain