[Equest-users] Unmet hours BOTH htg & clg

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:07:30 PST 2021

Hi Alex-  This is great, thank you! I appreciate your help and taking time
to review my model details.  I've been stuck on this file for a few months
now and my enthusiasm is nill, now.   Thank you 1000x

Regarding your feedback, I'll jump on your suggestions today and check
things out.

I had previously (up until yesterday) been running the AHU as VAV, but
decided to throw it over to PIU to see if that helped with anything.  I had
also been running the T-stats as Reverse Action (system default), but in
the warnings the notes suggested the proportional control so I had switched
that too-- so weird that you were able to see a reduction in the throttling
hours when you changed it.   Are you by chance running your eQuest version
is DOE 2.3 mode?  I typically haven't been running my files with 2.3, so if
you are doing this I will switch my program to see how this aids me.

I appreciate your insight on the OA ration value at the system level, so I
will make those adjustments at the zone CFM/person.  I also appreciate and
agree with what you stated in item 4 about the zone level airflows, My long
past experience also showed that eQuest doesn't properly distribute
airflows from the system level, so I will go back and adjust my inputs
properly zone by zone (of course I was being 'lazy' when I set this up and
trying to hit the target with a fast & swift approach).  Thank you for the
insight and "nudge" to do things right.  LOL

Item 6- good idea on the fan schedules... I know at some point last year I
think I had set the fan schedules to -999 operation, but I remember
changing them back to on/off scheduling when I was trying to force a
balance in the model file.

I know it sounds funny, but it is fun to receive feedback and help from our
fellow eQuest modelers, so again Thank you--- our little isolated eQuest
'islands' that we work on sometimes get so lonely and makes us crazy!  LOL
 I'll let you know how these adjustments work.

Have a great day.

Pasha Korber
ph 308-763-1593