[Equest-users] Global Parameters

Brian Fountain Brian.Fountain at sa-footprint.com
Sun Jan 10 06:20:43 PST 2021

Good morning John,

It is indeed easy and that is exactly what I use Global Parameters for.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6E730.7D317CD0]

In the example I currently have open, I have a global parameter named “Infiltration multiplier”.

I use the abbreviation #PA to refer to the global parameter in a user expression.  (You can also spell out Parameter).  You need double quotes around the global parameter name.  Spaces are fine in the parameter name but capitalization is important.  In the user expression I multiply the zone infiltration by #PA(“Infiltration multiplier”).

[cid:image002.png at 01D6E730.7D317CD0]

In this example, I have a parametric run that cuts the infiltration in half by setting “Infiltration multiplier” to 0.5.

[cid:image003.png at 01D6E731.809D8930]

I hope this helps and that you are doing well.

Cheers,
Brian

Footprint

Brian Fountain