[Equest-users] VRF Performance Curves for Mitsubishi

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Sep 14 14:06:57 PDT 2020

Hi Ömer,
If you are using the newest eQUEST running in DOE-2.3 (version 3-65 Build 7175), there are no custom manufacturers VRF curves available to the public, to my knowledge. If you are reading this and you work for Mitsubishi, Trane, Daikin, LG, York or Hitachi (or if you manufacture VRF equipment but I didn’t list your company) – this is a missed business opportunity and you should contact me!
I would recommend you use Build 7175 in DOE-2.3 mode if you have VRF systems to model, as VRF capability was specifically added and none of the DOE-2.2 workarounds are required (though there is still no built-in capability for water-source VRF).
If you have a DOE-2.2 model and would still like access to the workaround by Mitsubishi, let me know and I’ll email the files that I have archived.
Best regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer

[Pathfinder-EA-logo-2]T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>        www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608               [cid:image004.png at 01D68AB8.9020C2D0]         Ask me why Carbon Fee & Dividend may be right for you.