[Equest-users] Refrigeration version - mechanical subcooler

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Sun Mar 29 13:00:04 PDT 2020

Phil,

Thank you for your very helpful assistance in getting subcoolers working
in a refrigeration version model in eQUEST.  Your notes were
instrumental in resolving the problems I was having.  It turns out I
left my liquid lines attached to the refrigeration system -- essentially
the condenser -- rather than attaching them to the subcooler. This was
functionally bypassing the subcooler. Step 3 of your notes pointed out
the error.  I also had not fully defined the warmer loop before defining
the cooler loop as described in step 2 of the refrigeration hierarchy
guidance you shared.

I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,

Brian