[Equest-users] Difference between "Building -Loads" and "Building -HAVC"

Konstantina Kalliakoudi kalliakoudi.k at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:49:06 PDT 2020

[image: image.png]

Dear equest users,
I  generated  hourly report blocks looking for the loads.
I saw that there are two options:
1. "Building Loads" which as far I understood contains losses, gains etc....
2. "Building - HVAC" - Coils - losses&gains  at te beginning I believed
that it cantrained : The Loads from the fresh air +  "Building Loads". So
in order to test that I made zero the fresh air at my AHUs. I was expecting
that now the  "Building - HVAC" would be equal with  "Building Loads". But
still there is a difference.  "Building - HVAC" is higher almost 50% than
"Building Loads".

Any Ideas or Comments about what  "Building - HVAC" contains more than
"Building Loads"?

Thank you for your help

Konstantina Kalliakoudi

Mechanical Engineer,M.Sc., LEED AP