[Equest-users] Equest and Heat Pump

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Jan 17 07:02:09 PST 2020

Hi Konstantina,
If I understand your question, you want to use a water-to-water or air-to-water heat pump to provide hot water. You can model this using a heat pump chiller (a CHILLER with TYPE=HEAT-PUMP). You can only assign a single loop for the heat pump chiller load, and the keyword and eQUEST drop-down input is for a CHW-LOOP, but it accepts both CHW and 2-Pipe loops. You have to assign a heat pump chiller to a 2-Pipe loop for it to provide heating. You can configure the 2-Pipe loop to operate the same as a Hot Water loop if you want, by setting the LOOP-OPERATION to SNAP or SCHEDULED and using a high snap temperature. Then you would only assign hot water loads to the 2-Pipe loop.
Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer

[Pathfinder-EA-logo-2]T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>        www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608               [cid:image005.png at 01D5CD1A.9F423DE0]         Ask me why Carbon Fee & Dividend may be right for you.