[Equest-users] [EXTERNAL] eQuest 7175 DOE2.3 Simulation Speed

Jennings, Coles Coles.Jennings at MasonandHanger.com
Thu Dec 10 07:10:57 PST 2020

Christina,

One quick fix we have found is to make sure to specify Design Days for both cooling and heating. On the “Project & Site” tab, right click the project name at the very top of the component tree and then select “Create Design Day” and enter the design temperature information. You’ll need to do this twice to cover cooling and heating design conditions. This reduces simulation time by a fair amount as it seems to cut down on the repeat load calculations that run in 7175 without design day conditions specified. We have still observed longer run times in general, but this helps.

Thanks,

Coles Jennings PE, BEMP, LEED AP BD+C
Sr. Energy and Sustainability Engineer | Mason & Hanger
A Day & Zimmermann Company
O 804.521.7045
4880 Sadler Road, Suite 300 | Glen Allen, VA 23060
masonandhanger.com<http://www.masonandhanger.com/>

An ISO 9001 Certified Company<https://www.masonandhanger.com/about/iso>

Building a More Secure World ®

CAUTION - THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents may contain information belonging to the sender, which may be proprietary, confidential, and/or otherwise subject to restrictions on disclosure beyond the intended recipient. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please call 1-703-955-5702 and delete this transmission. Thank you.