[Equest-users] Should onebuilding.org mailing lists transition to Discourse?

Anthony Hardman anthony at greenengineer.com
Wed Dec 9 10:58:22 PST 2020

I love the idea of transitioning to a more modern platform.  I like the job board idea Nick mentioned.  Search & attachment functionality is a big deal and I would also hope that the archives could get transferred, but even if they can’t, I wouldn’t consider it a reason to stick with status quo.  I’ve found the existing search functionality to be clunky at best as I often can’t find threads that I know to exist, which has forced me to save the ones I deem important directly to my own outlook (not ideal).

I recall an energy simulation “wiki” idea gaining some traction years ago which I think is less preferable than a modern forum.  If we’re comparing resources, I think unmethours has the best platform and functionality from a user perspective, followed by energy-models.com.

Having said all that, I also love the community here and am tremendously grateful for all the work and effort behind the onebuilding lists.

Anthony Hardman, PE, BEAP, LEED AP BD+C
Senior Building Performance Analyst, Owner
The Green Engineer
Sustainable Design Consulting
23 Bradford Street, 1st Floor, Concord, MA 01742