[Equest-users] modeling an indoor pool in eQuest

Haberl, Jeff jhaberl at tamu.edu
Thu Aug 20 13:37:48 PDT 2020

... don't forget to take a look at the classic 1975 report by Francis de Winter, Atlas Corp.

Here's the link. There's a complete chapter on how to calculate the heat loss of a pool -- which would be the sensible and latent heat gain into the A/C or heater for the pool zone.

"How to design and build a solar swimming pool heater, Francis de Winter, Santa Clara, CA, 1975". Available at the ecotopia web site:

Jeff

http://www.ecotopia.com/dewinter/de_winter_how_to_design_build_solar_swimming_pool_heater_cda_1975.pdf

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.inactive, FASHRAE,FIBPSA

Department of Architecture

Texas A&M University

College Station, TX 77845-3581

Office: 979-845-6507, Lab: 979-845-6065