[Equest-users] Creating a Custom Window sandwich

Phil Jordan phil.jordan at clearesult.com
Wed Aug 12 18:42:22 PDT 2020

I’ve never used this but it looks like it’s available under the Building Shell Component Tree – Window Layers:
[cid:image001.png at 01D670D7.EE33CCA0]

Then in your Window Properties I guess you need to set the Specification Method to “Layer-by-Layer” and choose your layer(s):
[cid:image003.png at 01D670D8.4F9A7DE0]

Looks like it’s meant mostly for adding blinds and accounting for the air gap between the blinds and windows, but the dictionary does state that there can be up to five glass layers (note #2 below), but also that adjacent solid layers are not allowed (note #5):
[cid:image002.png at 01D670D7.EE33CCA0]
Check out pages 140-143 of the DOE2 dictionary: http://doe2.com/download/doe-22/DOE22Vol2-Dictionary.pdf

Regards,

Phil Jordan