[Equest-users] Generalized Way to Calculate TEDI

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Sep 23 08:50:30 PDT 2019

Hi Austin,
I had never heard of TEDI (Thermal Energy Demand Intensity) before. Seems to be a Canada thing (for now?). This looks like a relevant reference:
https://www.cagbc.org/cagbcdocs/zerocarbon/CaGBC_EMG_for_ZCB_v01.pdf
I don’t have a simple answer but I think you should be able to calculate it using a combination of these reports:

  *   SS-D Building HVAC Load Summary
  *   SS-A System Loads Summary for [all systems]
  *   SS-B System Loads Summary for [all systems]
This report includes eQUEST modeling of two building types, with reported TEDI for each. If you can contact Samantha Menard of EQBP, maybe she’ll share how she did the calculations.
https://sbcanada.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/TGS-III-Modelling-Project-Report.pdf

Please share with the group once you figure it out.

Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer

[Pathfinder-EA-logo-2]T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>        www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608               [cid:image005.png at 01D571FF.FBEE5F40]         Ask me why Carbon Fee & Dividend may be right for you.