[Equest-users] bin file to epw file

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Sat May 11 20:35:53 PDT 2019

The old CWEC files are also available for free at the White Box Technologies web site (
http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com/CWEC2 )*  WBT always endeavors to include multiple
formats of any weather file, esp.  *.BINM  and *.epw, to minimize the need for format
conversion.  By the way, these CWEC2s  are very old, and have been superceded by later
versions of "typical year" weather files that are better in all aspects - more locations,
more current data, and better solar radiation.  Environment Canada released a new set of
CWEC for 492 locations in 2017, while WBT released a set of CN2014 files for 226 locations
in 2014 (http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com/CN2014).

*note:  I've been calling these files CWEC2s because there was an earlier version, but
I've noticed that the nomenclature is not consistent and Environment Canada does use
version numbers.  In case there's any confusion,  I'm referring to the files that were
created  in the early 1990's using weather data that ended in 1989.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A