[Equest-users] Seeking some old LG VRF

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at se.com
Thu Mar 21 06:57:18 PDT 2019

Hi everyone!

I am working on an older eQuest model which utilized a set of VRF curves sourced from LG, which are of an older vintage than the sets I kept on record.  To refresh memories, LG's recommended approach for estimating VRF system performance in eQuest historically (at least prior to recent advances with doe 2.3) involved using a modified library database (*.DAT) file, which per their procedure would be substituted over your base eQuest installation library file.

According to the BDL file written when trying to open the eQuest project, a number of library curves are missing, with the first one named as follows:
"ARUN216BT3-CoolEIOR-fEWB&OAT"

>From googling, it looks as though this is specifically a model of the Multi V III series.  My oldest copies kept for the LG VRF libraries are for water source and air source Multi V VI series, unfortunately.

Does anyone have a copy of these specific curves, and/or that DAT file from LG in their records to share with me?

Thanks!

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D4DFC3.5902A7B0]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP