[Equest-users] Unit Heaters and RTUs serving the same zone

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Jun 26 10:52:48 PDT 2019

Hi Victoria,
Your gymnasium is a good application for taking advantage of the new DOAS system type in eQUEST 3.65 build 7175 running DOE-2.3. Model the RTUs as a DOAS system. Model the hot water unit heaters as a Unit Heater system (UHT) and assign the gymnasium zone(s) to it. Then assign the DOAS to the Unit Heater system using the DOA-SYSTEM keyword and set the DOAS-ATTACHED-TO the CONDITIONED-ZONES. You will want to enter the gymnasium ventilation rate in the gymnasium zone(s). The eQUEST UHT system type doesn't normally accommodate ventilation but it seems to work in this configuration.
Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer

[Pathfinder-EA-logo-2]T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>        www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608               [cid:image005.png at 01D52C21.651D4E60]         Ask me why Carbon Fee & Dividend may be right for you.