[Equest-users] Interpreting SIM reports

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Jun 13 13:41:49 PDT 2019

Nick,

I'm glad that Erik took the first shot in answering your question, as I
was leery to say too much because I haven't followed the development of
DOE-2.2 much at all and might be giving you outdated impressions from
DOE-2.1E.   However, your question seems to ask a generic question of
why the design capacities in the verification reports (SV-A, PV-A, etc.)
differ from the peak loads in the simulation reports (SS-H, PS-H,
etc.).   Design capacities are either input by the user or calculated
using design day conditions which are worse-case conditions, i.e.,
weather conditions at the 0.4% criteria and the building at full
operations for all zones (this is for cooling; for heating the building
is assumed to be completely off except for the HVAC).   I apologize if
that's all  well known, in which case take this as an extended hello
prior to meeting in KC!

Joe