[Equest-users] Baseline Fan Energy Very High

Jeff Ross-Bain jeff at rbgb.com
Sun Jul 21 12:05:03 PDT 2019

Hi All,
To those of you who regularly and graciously contribute your knowledge to this site, we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude. Thank you.

I am stumped. Usually, in my experience, following the standard Baseline process of establishing [ASHRAE max] fan power and applying that value to eQuest in kW/cfm, the resulting difference between Baseline and Proposed is evident but not super big.

In this case, on a small project with 6 x under 5-ton split HP systems, the Baseline fan energy use is, like, over 6 times bigger than the Proposed. I have exhausted every check and iteration I can think of and cannot find out why or how this occurs. As-is, the energy savings is incredible on fan power alone and I know it is not right.

Any thoughts or similar experiences with this circumstance?

Thanks!

Jeff Ross-Bain, BCxP, BEMP, LEED Fellow, MSc
President

[RBGB_Logo_Hi-Res]<http://www.rbgb.com/>

Charleston:  843-779-9229
Atlanta:  404-220-8955