[Equest-users] Increassed cooling consumption with DCV Modeling

Daniel Knapp danielk at arborus.ca
Sat Jan 12 04:53:21 PST 2019

As I have noted before (http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2015-December/001790.html) in my experience, the best way to do DCV in eQUEST is to do a manual calculation of the expected reduction in OA rates by looking at the fan schedule and the occupancy schedule. Keep in mind that only the “people” part of the OA rate will be reduced, whereas the “area” part will stay the same.

If you’d like to know what your model is doing you may want try comparing the hourly outdoor air rates for your system with and without DCV. You can create an hourly report for the system in question with the hourly supply flow rate and outdoor air fraction printed to the hourly report file.

I know that the new version of DOE2.3 has made some changes to the outdoor air calculation methodology but I haven’t had a chance to test this yet.

All the best,

Daniel