[Equest-users] UA Convergence Error

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 17:24:47 PST 2019

Bill, David, Jeff and Nick:
Thank you for the responses.
I am using 3.65 Build 7175.  I am not using the refrigeration mode, as far as I know.  The only two modes shown under Select Version are 2.2 and 2.3.  I am using 2.3.  Doesn't the refrigeration version have an R after the DOE version?

I am not using a waterside economizer.  I have 2 air handlers per building.  One feeds the north all three floors and one feeds the south all three floors.  They are VAV units with a chilled water loop and an electric reheat coil for each building.  Each building has 2 chillers for the loop and one pump.  The VAV boxes do not have reheat capability.

Perhaps the oddest thing is that this project is in Saudi Arabia and I am using the TMY2/RIYADH83.bin weather file.
The error message I am getting is:
Heat-Exchanger: EA Sys1 A-1 (VAVS) (G) UA calculation
failed to converge.
The EA Sys A-1 in the above error message changes.  Sometimes I increase the number of ACH/Hr for a few zones in building A and I get an error message for EB System B-2 (building B) or EC System C1 (Building C).  Can't make rhyme or reason of connection.

Many thanks,

Paul Diglio
87 Fairmont Avenue
New Haven, CT 06513