[Equest-users] How to setup interior walls with identical condition?

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at se.com
Thu Apr 11 05:55:18 PDT 2019

If you can assert all other walls have conditioned spaces on the opposite side conditioned to similar temperatures, with similar load profiles to your tenant space, you can further assert there is no meaningful heat transfer to be modeled, in which case the simplest approach may be to just build a model with the wizards, then in detailed edits simply delete all exterior surfaces beyond the single curtain wall exposure.  You may in doing so want to bump up the thermal mass in the “interior perimeter” spaces however to assure stability in heat transfer hour by hour.

There are also approaches to having the wizards generate interior walls for you for the appropriate sides – that involves definining perimeter zone spaces which deliberately do NOT line up with the shell footprint perimeter.

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D4EFBA.D3BC1020]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer