[Equest-users] How intermittent fan operation works

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Fri Apr 5 06:39:50 PDT 2019

Mayank,

The attached NYSERDA tech tip describes how to model several common
multifamily ventilation strategies in eQUEST. It’s based on 90.1 2010 App G
and eQUEST v3.65 build 7173 (pre-VRF/DOAS version) so may require some
adjustments if you use the latest version. See also EPA Energy Star
Multifamily Highrise Program Guidelines
<https://www.energystar.gov/ia/partners/bldrs_lenders_raters/downloads/mfhr/ENERGY_STAR_MFHR_Simulation_Guidelines_AppG2016.pdf?56fa-56ac>
 Examples 6-9 & 6-10 and Sections 6.5.12.1 (a) & 6.5.12.3(c).

Maria