[Equest-users] temperature dead band query

equest user equestuser00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 02:42:28 PDT 2018

Hi all Modelers,

I am having a hard time understanding the below statement mentioned in my
country's local guidelines. I assume it is pertaining to 4 pipe AHUs which
goes as follows:

*“All heating and cooling systems shall be temperature controlled. Where a
unit provides both heating and cooling, controls shall be capable of
providing a **temperature dead band **of 3 degree Celsius (5 degree
Fahrenheit) within which the supply of heating and cooling energy to the
zone is shutoff or reduced to a minimum."*

Can anyone help me what exactly the guideline is referring to as
“temperature dead band” and how can I verify it with my installed system *(is
it mentioned in AHU datasheets?).*

My system is a 4 pipe units which provides cooling in summer and heating in
winter season.

Eagerly waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Tejas