[Equest-users] Green power

Dante Garcia dgarcia at sumacinc.com
Tue Sep 11 07:49:28 PDT 2018

Hi.

Carbon offsets mitigate the carbon dioxide produced due to source
energy consumption in your building. For instance, if your building
generate 1 Ton CO2, a carbon offset of 1 Ton CO2 indicates that your CO2
generated is absorved anywhere in the world. You buy this certificate.

RECs are certificates that electricity is generated by a renewable sources.
For instance, if your site building consumption is 1 MWh, a REC of 1 (MWh)
indicates that the energy your building use is also generated by renewable
sources anywhere in the world.  You buy this certificate. For LEED RECs
should be Green-e certified or equivalent.

Green Power is renewable energy produced on-site and also used in your
building.

Hope that helps,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 3:20 AM, equest user via Equest-users <
equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Hi all eQUEST users,
>
> Can anyone enlighten me on what is the exact difference between Carbon
> offsets, REC and green power.
>
> This query is regarding the LEED V4 rating system credit: *green power
> and carbon offsets.*
>
> I am kinda confused with this, would really appreciate if someone helps!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Tejas

*SUMAC*

Dante Garcia // LEED AP BD+C

Analista LEED Energía

Tel: + 511 253.5355 Anexo 10(Lima, Perú)

dgarcia at sumacinc.com

www.sumacinc.com