[Equest-users] Weather Data file for Nigeria

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Fri Nov 9 13:08:55 PST 2018

There is a "typical year" weather file for Lagos
(NGA_LAGOS-IKEJA_652010_TYP) available at the White Box Technologies web
site (see url below in my signature).   This file is derived from the
Integrated Surface Hourly Database (ISD),  an archive of weather station
reports around the world maintained by the US National  Center for
Environmental Information (NCEI). The data for Lagos Ikeja Airport
extends over 15 years of observations averaging once every two hours.
WBT has also added hourly solar data derived from an EU weather
satellite, making this weather file the most accurate  and reliable
possible under current technology.   WBT is a private venture
unsupported by any outside sources, so our products are not free. The
cost for a TYP weather file is $85.  If you're interested in historical
weather data, those are also available for over 8,000 locations around
the world starting in 2001.

One last point is that, unlike some other sources, WBT weather data come
in multiple formats include *.BINM for DOE-2/eQUEST, *.epw for
EnergyPlus,  as well as *.FIN4 text for use with Excel.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A