[Equest-users] exhaust heat recovery system with PTAC in eQUEST

sunayana jain sunayanajn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:15:39 PST 2018

As per ASHRAE 90.1-2013, exhaust air energy recovery is required for
ventilation systems operating greater than 8000 hours per year. I am
working on a baseline model of 6 storeys apartment building in climate zone
5A. As per ASHRAE 90.1-2013 Appendix G, apartments units are required to
have PTAC systems with heat recovery. I am wondering, how to model PTAC
with heat recovery in eQUEST. PTAC system cannot take heat recovery in
eQUEST.

Also, ASHRAE does not have any information on fan power for energy recovery
systems. Should the ERV fan be a part of allowable 0.0003 kW/cfm fan power?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunayana Jain