[Equest-users] Creating a Single Packaged DX Coil with Gas Furnace

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Wed Mar 7 06:59:11 PST 2018

Hi Damon,
Can you provide the Carrier product sheet for the unit? A packaged DX unit will generally be natural gas-fired, though it could have a hot water coil. It would be unusual to have both, but you could model it that way in a single unit if needed. (You could model a gas-fired 'Furnace' preheat coil along with a Hot Water Loop for the main SYSTEM:HEAT-SOURCE for example.) But you say there is no HW loop, so why would it have a HW coil?
I suspect you should model this as a PSZ system ("Pkgd Single Zone", which only comes with DX cooling) with FURNACE for HEAT-SOURCE. Your ZONE-HEAT-SOURCE should be "Not Installed" unless you have a reheat coil.
Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3B5FB.2266FD70]  [cid:image002.jpg at 01D3B5FB.2266FD70]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.