[Equest-users] RECOMMENDATIONS

Effiong Edentekhe figoinc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 10:32:48 PST 2018

Compliments everyone,

Please I am currently working on a Masters degree project titled "Energy
Performance and Carbon Footprint of Church Buildings in Nigeria."

The objectives of the project are:

1. Assess the energy consumption of major church buildings.

2. Determine the factors responsible for their current energy performance.

3. Estimate some of the energy performance indices in church buildings
(e.g. EEI, EPI, etc.).

4. Determine the quantities of energy usage and their consumption patterns
within the location of the churches (e.g. unit energy for lighting,
cooling, etc.).

5. Evaluate the carbon footprint of the church buildings.

I initially picked eQUEST thinking the project requires energy simulation
but one of the energy consultants here said it may not require that.

I am currently not familiar with any building software but I can learn
really fast if the project requires that I use one by your assessment of
the above objectives.

I will appreciate if there are other more suitable softwares for this kind
of project you can recommend, especially simpler and purpose-built options.

Also, I will appreciate if you can recommend a simple software for
calculating carbon footprint outside online carbon footprint calculators.

I will really appreciate your input.

Thank you very much.

Effiong Edentekhe