[Equest-users] mystery heating load

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at schneider-electric.com
Thu Dec 20 12:59:42 PST 2018

I see this was answered as I’m typing, but here’s my logic path if it’s helpful:

  1.  LS-B confirms you’ve effectively killed all sources of heat load that wouldn’t be introduced by the HVAC (i.e. ventilation loads).
  2.  You have no exhaust in the zone.
  3.  It therefore has to be a load introduced from the system (ventilation or active cooling or similar).

I observe electric heating and empty inputs / defaults for the OA and active cooling inputs for the associated PSZ system.  If I push cooling capacity and min OA fraction to zero, I get no unmet heating hours.

Philosophical food for thought (future reference):  Hindsight 20-20, you may have made an issue like this harder to solve by doing something “extreme” like eliminating all interior surfaces, in kind removing all means of heat transfer… if the space has no way to get rid of built up heat it might cause a system to do something weird like desperately economize in sub freezing temps to deal with ever-building heat loads, creating a new artificial problem out of the earlier shotgun remedy efforts.  If you should find no remedy in this sort of “turning the dials,” I’ve found it is usually a good practice to undo / step back those efforts before trying other solutions.

Here’s that LS-B for reference:

[cid:image001.png at 01D49874.A131F0E0]

~Nick

[cid:image002.png at 01D49874.A131F0E0]