[Equest-users] Zones with different HVAC systems

Jing Hong hongjing.shirley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:12:40 PST 2017

Dear All,

I have a building with more than one kind HVAC system. I have the first
floor with VAV system, and the second floor only has ventilation fans
running. So I made all the zones on Second Floor unconditioned, and choose
SUM as air-side HVAC system for second floor. However, the Space Cool of no
VAV for second floor is even higher than that of the whole VAV, which does
not make sense to me.
Do you know how the eQuest calculate Space Cool? Should The VAV energy
consumption be Space Cool+Vent. Fans shown on the simulation output?
Thank you,
Jing

--
PhD Candidate, LEED AP BD+C

School of Architecture and Urban Planning
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee