[Equest-users] Advanced Scripting/Custom Default Question - Change Space Property based on System?

Jennings, Coles Coles.Jennings at MasonandHanger.com
Sun Nov 12 17:28:20 PST 2017

Hello all,

I'm modeling a hospital building with some areas that are 24/7 and others that are on a typical 8-5 M-F schedule. There are numerous AHUs and each AHU operates on one of these two schedules. What I'd like to do is write a default script that sets the space interior load schedules (lighting, occupancy, equipment) based on which AHU that space's thermal zone is assigned to.

I often use the trick of assigning a unique min. humidity ratio for each system in a model and then writing a switch() script to change zone properties, but I am having trouble figuring out the syntax to use this trick to change space properties. There's something in the BDL hierarchy that I'm not getting.

Has anyone had success with this before?

Thanks,

Coles Jennings PE, BEMP, LEED AP BD+C
Sr. Energy Engineer, Building Sciences Manager | Mason & Hanger
A Day & Zimmermann Company
D 804.521.7045 | O 804.285.4171 | F 804.217.8520
4880 Sadler Road, Suite 300 | Glen Allen, VA 23060
Mason & Hanger<http://www.masonandhanger.com/>
We do what we say.(r)