[Equest-users] ASHRAE 90.1 ERV 50% energy recovery effectiveness - eQUEST inputs?

Bishop, Bill via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon May 22 08:34:20 PDT 2017

Yes, uneven airflows complicate things, and can be used by manufacturers to game the system. There are other considerations, such as how to treat the heat gains from fan motors. (Inefficient fans add more heat to the airstream(s), which can benefit the wintertime effectiveness but use more fan energy.) Passive House has been looking at this closely:
http://www.phius.org/NAPHC2014/Semmelhack-HRV-presentation.pdf

~Bill