[Equest-users] Funny Formatting in SIM reports

Nicholas Caton via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu May 4 08:27:55 PDT 2017

·         Document your version/build for mutual benefit with the list.

·         Try confirming the output SIM is the issue (not the SIM viewer) by opening the BIN in a text editor.  If it looks fine in text editor try opening with a SIM viewer from a previous version/build of eQUEST.

·         Moving it around has historically fixed similar issues for some & not others.  Try placing a copy of your project’s .inp file only into a fresh directory, open/initialize using the File/open dialog in a new eQUEST instance, and see if the problem persists on simulating.  Be mindful if this works that you’ll need to re-assingn your weather file (default is some dreadfully pleasant climate zone in California – caused a few scares/chuckles over the years when my energy “disappeared”).  Also be mindful if this works that you’ll lose your wizard-level inputs (pd2) in the process, inclusive of CAD references.

·         If all else fails, commiserate/report here with the list and share a copy of your files with the Hirsch team if you’re comfortable doing so.  It’s clear this is something many are running into and providing the developers more working examples ought to help it get addressed.

·         I’m also Cc’ing Daric since I believe he’s the most experienced expert (if not by choice) in trying to wrestle with such issues.  He may have a few other ideas.

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D2C4C1.15A2D1D0]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer